Human ELement Maritime Enhancement Tool
Compliance & Human Element Monitoring Program
- Gap analysis
- Compliance with industry’s standards
- Office and fleet human-centered risk assessments
- Risk & non-conformance rectification in situ
- Training on the job
- FPI, CPI, SBP safety indexes
It focuses on the early identification of unfolding risks, present in the fleet operation and onshore management that escaped attention. The magnifying glass is focused on the foundation of the pyramid of incidents – long before the appearance of near misses - aiming at detecting the root cause of unsafe acts, competency, conditions and risky decisions, by examining the effect of the human element in fleet condition, operations and management.
Unsafe acts and condition mean actions, decisions and conditions which are against best practices and may be the catalysts to accidents, penalties, detentions, ship rejection and bad reputation.
It is suitable for shipping companies who wish to continuously monitor their Safe Business Profile, in real time, in terms of compliance and effective implementation of best practices on board and ashore.
It is in line with BIMCO charter party clause for risk assessment and vetting inspections whilst the calculated Organization Safe Business Profile (SBP) can be presented for:
- Ensuring alignment with DryBMS excellence
- Reputation purposes
- As a competitive advantage to promote a safe business profile
- As quality assurance for placement of more ships under management
- For potential better loan terms, charter parties or premiums in the future
To third parties (charterers, bankers, insurers etc.) asking for company’s safety status evaluation.